Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my world! I am a wife, mom, grandmom, attorney, quilter, painter, gardener and United Methodist ... and sometimes I sleep. Life is good, despite the many trials I continue to experience. God is good, and I choose joy.

Friends are important, and together we quilt, paint, worship, and complain. Without friends, how would any of us survive parenthood? grandparenthood is easier, in some ways, but ....no control. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we were in charge? Probably not...LOL.

I am nearly 60, and live with my wonderful husband David. We have been married for 38 years. Some longer than others. He loves me...most of the time. We have learned to compromise, and to give each other room for our own interests. We live in a small rural town in upstate New York, right in the middle of Main Street. What a combination of rural living and being downtown. Our little village is very active, and we are entering the busy season: which lasts approximately ten months or more of every year. I love living in town, but sometimes yearn for the opportunities of the city, and wish I had more time to spend with my sister in Rochester. She lives a very different life: just as busy, but different calls on her time. My youngest sister lives next door to me, which is a blessing. My parents are far away in Florida, and I miss them. Thank heavens for cell phones!

No comments:

Post a Comment