Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer...finally?

What a wonderful day, following a great weekend. the weather is sunny and hot, the air inside is nicely cool...better than my bedroom last night. It was sweltering. David just sleeps through. I toss and turn, and throw the leg out and under, gingerly, now, with my bad knee. Got up at one am and read some more in my book. I am truly enjoying a reread of the Dragonriders of Pern series: currently the Harper Hall of Pern.

No sewing this weekend, no painting. Was some gardening, which is a little like both. Painting tomatoes into a row, sewing them into the earth, bordering them with mulch...we have tomatoes, summer squash, broccoli brussell sprouts, lettuce and spinach growing, about half through the asparagus cutting season, same with rhubarb, and I haven't cut any! New lettuce and spinach and broccoli seedlings up, peas vining nicely.  Bean poles placed, don't know if DH got the seeds in or not. Oh...and potatoes are all in. My dahlia bulbs have recovered from their little icy nip, thank goodness.  This time of year, the garden changes daily. Tonight we fertilize. Should have been doing that with seedlings all along, I guess. I have many many extra tomato plants, but they are only four inches tall or so. Mostly heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment