Thursday, May 13, 2010

Music Makes the world go round..>MY world

Music...how could we live without it? and doesn't the car make a beautiful listening studio? I love my Sirius radio, and the variety of music and other programming I can access, depending on my mood. Today the song that started my work day off...and still lingers in my mind was Leon Russell, A Song for You. Wow. One of my regrets in life is that I have not been gifted with a voice like my sister Carol has. I can hold a tune, sing well enough, and really feel and understand music in my soul...but to be able to belt it out...just carry that last note....curl the music around, I can't do it. Just step up and down the musical steps...properly, I know, but without the artistry of a real musician. But we don't choose the gifts God favors us with, and it is not my place to question God. All right, I do it all the time, don't you?

Now Bob Dylan: there is the ultimate musician in my mind. Not that his voice is wonderful these days...but the songs. I also recently heard his Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues: the song Ed Sullivan would not permit him to sing on his tv show in the early sixties. Laugh out loud!

Once started a list of all the concerts I have seen over the years. Now this is NOT a job to begin in your mid fifties...I regret not having a better handle on this, for the memories alone. What about you? Who do you WISH you could have seen?

Coming up concerts? Ray LaMontagne and others at a music festival at Hunter Mountain in the Catskills...together with Levon Helm and company at the Mountain Ramble in early June. While doing so, meeting up with good college friends who live in England, but have a summer cottage in the area. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment